Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things I Noticed: Part 1

* Everyone and their brother’s mother in law has a fucking American Apparel sweatshirt. Do the have AA tee shirts? No. AA bag dresses or AA leggings? No. But they all have the zip up hoodies. And only solid colors. I have drawn several conclusions from this: A) that the French must really like immigrant Mexican workers and giving them fair pay and yummy lunches and massages. B) That there is no such thing as intense AA hipsters in France. B) That there are really trying hard to give up the stripe thing because I have not seen one striped AA hoodie on anyone yet, and how French are stripes, right!

* The French like candies that they cannot have, like SweetTarts (you all will be having to send me some SweetTarts and some Sour Patch Kids.

* French cinemas are better than American ones. Example: I can go to the giant Cineplex here and see Frozen River, Waltz with Bashir, and Che. None of these even play at the independent movie theaters at home, many of you will remember how much this ground my gears. On an interesting side note, a large number of the giant Cineplex’s are only playing Che Part 2- Guerrilla, which I think is the better film, but which makes little sense without the context of the Part 1.

* Umm, holy shit I don’t understand French.

* French men dress much better than American men. They wear very nice fitted jackets with those little lapel-y things on their shoulders and dark jeans and, here is the best part, they wear NICE SHOES! Either Chucks or black / brown shoes. No sneakers, unless they are especially cool kicks, no hiking boots. It is fantastic.

* I love bread. Love, love, love bread. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dearest Hannah,

I am surprised that you have actually updated this thing. Not that i doubted you but, i doubted you. As you can see from the critical nature of this comment, this is your dear friend Jenny. I decided to get a blog so: 1. i can make fun of yours and 2. because i should probably start blogging about music and what not.

So i am super thrilled to hear that the men dress so nice. I am surrounded by guys in sweatpants and bad band t-shirts matched with the irrepressible hiking boot.

Can't wait to come there and see these beautiful men!

- Jenny

ps. i can't believe they only wear the sweatshirts... wait until spring... leggings and obscenely bright tank tops will be somewhere in sight

ironically uninvolved said...

Hannah!
Yes, french men do dress really well, especially in italino suits yummy! Yes Jenny is right, the american apparel hoodies are quite chique amoung hipsters in europe during the winter, as is darker colors then as soon as april rolls around out comes the neon.. So thus i will be very fashionable when i come to europe this summer. as was jenny i was very surprised you are updated your blog.. yes i have a emo name for my blog cause well when i was younger i was an extremely emo kid haha. well yes, and of course they have awesome shoes where do you think my love of kicks spurred from, let me know if anyone's shoes tops my gold one's
- hasta luego
alimeida