Thursday, March 12, 2009

Settling in or Living Without and Oven is Easy


Mark it down folks, I have an apartment that I have lived in for a week! It is on Rue Saint Jacques right above a jazz bar called Café Universal. Maggie noted when were signing the lease that there is a Colorado license plate in the window of the café, I take this to be a good omen. The pictures are on facebook in case you want to be a creepy voyeur and see where I sleep. (this is where I eat...)

I live maybe five minutes away from Jardin du Luxembourg and five away from Rue Moufftard. I had a flash back to the summer that I spent here with my mom and sister when I was walking on Moufftard today and shopping for some pommes (des fruits are now only known by their French names, I forgot all fruits names in English) and avocats. I can’t wait for the cerises to be in season, eating cerises and walking down Rue le Bon remains one of my favorite memories.

Though I cannot necessarily say that my French is getting better, my English seems to be slowly disappearing. It happens very frequently that I can’t find the work I am looking for or can only think of what I want in French. For someone who takes great pride in her vocabulary, this is a very disturbing phenomenon. I am getting more of a sense of humor in French, I still do not have the ability to crack jokes, but I can understand at least some of them…. I have taken to watching MTV dubbed in French (yes, I do have a tv with basic cable) the voices are very clear and my Super Sweet Sixteen is entertainingly disgusting in every language! 

No comments: